Skip to main content

Madame Butterfly: A typical Tuesday night in Perugia.

Tuesday nights in Perugia have not ceased to be eventful so far. Literally, every Tuesday, whether planned or not, something awesome happens. This Tuesday?

THE OPERA.

Three of my friends and I bought last-minute, 16 euro tickets to the Opera "Madame Butterfly" at the Morlacchi Theatre of Perugia, which is right by our school in Perugia. It was all in Italian, we had horrible seats, but the singing was amazing. I could not possibly have had a better first-opera experience. The building was built in the 1700s, so the theatre is SO old and SO intricately decorated with beautiful architecture and frescoes all over the walls and ceilings. It was 3 and a half hours long, but I enjoyed every minute, whether I was watching (by LEANING out of my box all the way, otherwise all I could see was a lamp) or just sitting back, listening, and enjoying the beauty of my surroundings.

Luckily, we ran into one of the administrators from our school who has a REALLY nice camera, so we got some shots of us in our box in the theatre. Hopefully you can see a little glimpse of just how beautiful this building is.

The whole group during the first intermission!

Allison and I in our box together at the Opera. :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The further you travel, the smaller the world becomes."

Well isn't THIS the truth. Anyways. About two weeks ago, a group of five friends and I took a 10 day backpacking trip of Europe. To sum it up, we went from Rome to Portugal to Spain to the Czech Republic. We visited the cities of Lisbon, Seville, Barcelona and Prague. It was incredible. It was 10 straight days LIFE LESSONS, tests of PATIENCE, and adventures. Here's a little picture summary of the trip: The group, camped out at the train station in Rome, waiting to go to the airport. Night one of our trip: Sleeping in the Rome airport. Fun Fact: Airports are, in fact, NOT fun to sleep in. Especially when all you packed is one backpack, no blankets, no pillows, and no mattresses. An even MORE fun fact: The Rome airport is cold, especially in October, and especially at night. The next morning, we flew to Lisbon, Portugal! Enjoying the beautiful sunset in Lisbon. (Not posed or anything.) The girls (Mandi, Teagan, me, Allison) walking along the water in Lisbon on our firs...

Mental Health Awareness Month Resources and Reflections

General Mental Health Awareness Resources (linked below): National Institute of Mental Health Mental Health America Brain and Behavior Research Foundation National Alliance on Mental Illness National Eating Disorders Association Brain and Behavior Research Foundation Donor Drive (in honor of Ryan P. Johnson) Myths v. Facts of OCD: International OCD Foundation

MISS FORSTER

Just finished week one with the little angels! Honestly its hard to put into words everything that we've been doing down here because it's so much. I can say this much, however: I literally laugh constantly with my students. They are honest, funny and real. They say what they're thinking and they mean what they say. They work so hard and make me so proud every single day! It amazes me the amount of effort they're giving so that they can be ready to go to second grade and eventually "play college sports" or just go to college in general!   So here's a little pic update, maybe interspersed with some hilarious 6 year old stories (if you're lucky):  Our 2nd grade teaching team!  From left to right, Ms Karpilo, Ms Forster and Ms Delgato I'm the luckiest because these two ladies are so great to work with and I'm learning so much from them! These pictures were taken at our community night (pizza with parents) at West Bolivar! ...